Thursday, March 25, 2010

I've had a big year. You know all those big life changes, yeah, I've had a lot of them. One of my colleagues was encouraging me to sign up for this really awesome Project Management Certification at Stanford, and I was realizing that it was about this time last year that I dropped out of my MBA program. I want to take more classes and further my education, but I like a work/life balance, and I have stuff going on! I also like lists, so here's one for today:

My last year:
  • March: dropped my MBA program
  • April: lost my Dad - in San Diego for a month
  • June: Went to Telluride
  • August: Got married
  • August: Mini-moon in NorCal
  • November: Birthday party with 20+ friends & mom & her new boyfriend
  • December: Got a promotion
  • December: Visited Grandma in Effingham Illinois
  • January: Celebrated 5 year (dating ) anniversary with Jim
  • January: Started fostering Sanzu (kitty #2)
  • February: Start looking for a house
  • March: Buy a house, move from San Jose to San Mateo
It's crazy to look at this all, and see the ups and downs, and see how live just keeps chugging along.
I love cheesy Christmas update letters, but didn't do one this year, because I was crazy busy, and because it felt like I'd have three things to say:
  • Dad died
  • I got married
  • Jim still doesn't have a job
Well, now Jim does have a job, even if it's just a temp one for now. And really, there's a lot of stuff going on all around me. Crazy.

No comments: