Wednesday, November 19, 2008

So I get really motion sick. People don't really believe me when I tell them that I get really bad motion sickness.
  • Even sitting in the front seat with Jim driving, who's a pretty smooth driver, I sometimes have to ask him to "drive good please."
  • When other people are driving, it's kind of a crapshoot. Generally stick shift drivers don't drive very smoothly, short trips are OK, especially when I have shotgun.
  • And yes, I often get carsick while driving. Yes, me driving. Either in heavy traffic or on curvy roads. Doesn't help that there's usually a good bit of traffic on the way to/from work.
  • Walking on the beach... I love the beach, and I love walking, but I usually go down to the water's edge where the sand is packed tight. Walking over the loose sand for 20 minutes + will probably make me sick.
  • And the newest one to add to the list, obviously I can't read while in a moving car, I can't even effecitively text message. Apparently I can't read while walking. Not like, trying to read a book, that's just silly. No, when I'm at my desk and I pick up a file to put back in the filing system (about 10 feet from me), I CANNOT look at the file folder label while walking over. So I either have to look at the title, figure out where the file goes, and then walk over there, or walk over there, then stop and read the title and figure out where the file goes. Isn't that sad?

3 comments:

tambourinegirl said...

Reading while walking makes you sick? It makes me run into things but at least I don't get sick. Poor you!

Do rides at amusement parks bother you?

Unknown said...

I didn't know you got motion sickness. And you drove with me to Big Sur without saying a thing. Wow.

Kayte said...

Did you really not know I get motion sick, Erin?
That's why I always call shotgun for everything, including Big Sur. Big Sur was mostly OK, I got a little sick toward the end, but once I got out of the car I was fine.