Thursday, June 26, 2008

Q&A with a newly engaged woman:

Q: Have you set a date yet?
Polite answer: We're thinking about sometime next summer.
What I'm really thinking: I'm calling to tell you I'm engaged. I've been engaged for less than a week. Do you really think I've mapped it all out?

Q: So I guess it must be time to start having babies, right?
Polite answer: Not so much...
What I'm really thinking: Fuck off and die. You are not cute or clever. Your comments do not amuse me. Although if I were currently preggo (I'm not) it's more likely we might have a date in mind.

3 comments:

Vasily said...

Ha..we all know you're totally neurotic enough to have everything planned out already. :-P

Kayte said...

It's really wierd, I mean...I've been picturing my wedding since I was a little girl, and then further envisioning it once I had the right guy lined up, but now that it's actually time to start thinking about planning, it's kind of overwhelming. It's like, where do I start? What do I do? What's going on here? Are you my mommy?

Unknown said...

I agree with Vasily. I assumed you knew exactly when you wanted to get married, and was super glad I hadn't asked what it was... *mental 'phew'*